A Weekend of Fun -- Saturday
Today we went to Irvine Lake which actually turned out to only be only about 5 minutes away from our house. It really wasn't what we expected but it was a nice lake nestled in the mountains. It has a small camping area and there are signs everywhere that pretty much tell you NOT to leave the road/trail due to the rattlesnakes and scorpions.
This is a picture across that lake from the dock we stopped at.
Jeff and Dimitrios put in a couple lines to see what they could get. We were informed that the lake was just stocked with trout. The day was not overly hot but I think it was too late in the afternoon because the only thing they caught were a couple of snags.
We did see some great wildlife. This was one of the herons that visited. This was the smaller one. The other one that came by us was probably as tall as Dimitrios was. I was also surprised at how used to being around people they were. When we walked off the dock the heron didn't fly away and we were only about 10 feet away from it.
We were also treated to this sight. A Bald Eagle circled around us for several minutes. Taking the picture was very difficult but I got a few. This one was the closest (I didn't use zoom!).
Comments