Zero Trash Day

Today we went to Laguna Beach and helped out in the Zero Trash project. Basically we walked along the beach and several streets and picked up garbage on the roads and in the sand. They gave us rubber gloves, trash pickers, garbage bags, and recycle bags. Before we began we were able to watch a bit of the ocean life. At least one whale was spotted though I don't know what kind it was because you only saw it's spray. We also spotted about half a dozen dolphins playing in the surf. It was very cool.
Here are the young men ready to go. They each got T-shirts that helped identify them to other trash pickers. There were several including some high school kids doing their community service hours.

This was a really cool area. there was a huge chunk of granite sticking out of the sand. Unlike most granite that I've seen it was mostly white.

Even though we did find some less than desirable trash I am contemplating doing this again because the beach and surrounding area was so beautiful. I would really like to explore more. So, since they do this ever first Saturday of the month, I figure we will try to hit the next one on April 4 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. Then we'll do lunch and head home from there.

Comments

Popular Posts