Scout-O-Rama 2009

We went to our first Scout-O-Rama as a family. It was a great experience. We met new people, saw old friends, and learned some fun things. There was so much to do and look at that we ended up spending nearly all day. We got there at about 11 am and finally left around 3 pm. Even still, we didn't do everything we would have liked to.
At one booth Dee made "Goo" using a mix of chemicals and Elmer's glue.


If you have never had bread on a stick, I highly recommend trying it. Dee ended up filling his with strawberry jelly, whipped cream, and powdered sugar.

He tried his hand at fishing. He did an excellent job casting and ended up with a starfish. Told him it didn't matter how he prepared it, there was no way I was eating it.

About 6 booths had different science experiments going. This on was taking 12 nails and balancing them on the 13th. It was really cool the way it worked. Dee and Jeff worked together and got it on their first try.


The US Army was there recruiting. Dee did 20 push ups and talked with the men. He spent the most time at this booth.

Dee also got to shoot rubber band guns and Nerf bows. He did okay with the guns and he was able to get one of the arrows through a hoop with the bow. Every booth provided safety gear. All in all it was very fun!


If you look closely at this you will see how many people were actually attending. Needless to say, the park was packed.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Scout day and Mother's day look like loads of fun! I'd like to see the nail trick though. I might need to try that out on my girl scouts!

I think D grew a foot since I've seen him. You probably wouldn't recognize Mikey or Sam either. All are growing like weeds. We still need to update our blog, but I'll let you know when we do.

Miss you!!
Love, Aunt Rachel

Popular Posts