COOKIES!!!!
Well, we actually got around to making some cookies this year!!! My son and I got along quite well for this endeavor so I was very happy! We decided on four different cookies:
For those who don't know... Our family tradition has always been to get together the first weekend of December and bake the multitude of cookies and confections for the holiday season. Everything from Divinity candy to Biscotti to Spritz to Fudge. Well, due to distance, I haven't been able to participate. So this year I told the boys "pick out four cookies and this year we'll make them." So we picked up all the ingredients the weekend before and spent most of Saturday making Pizzelles, Wookie Cookies, and Peanut Butter Fudge.
Wookie Cookies
Pizzelles
Peanut Butter Fudge
Biscotti
For those who don't know... Our family tradition has always been to get together the first weekend of December and bake the multitude of cookies and confections for the holiday season. Everything from Divinity candy to Biscotti to Spritz to Fudge. Well, due to distance, I haven't been able to participate. So this year I told the boys "pick out four cookies and this year we'll make them." So we picked up all the ingredients the weekend before and spent most of Saturday making Pizzelles, Wookie Cookies, and Peanut Butter Fudge.
Had to use my panoramic setting to get all the ingredients in the picture.
Working on the Wookie Cookies first.
First batch out of the oven.
Yum! Yes, they are basically chocolate chip cookies.
We worked on the chocolate pizzelles first. Took a bit to get the hang of it. But the final product turned out looking pretty darn good and tasting even better!
Next we worked on the anise pizzelles.
And, finally, the fudge. This is one of my favorite confections with Divinity a close second.
It seemed to take forever but the final product tastes YUMMY!! We'll be finished up with the biscotti tomorrow.
Comments