Stitches...


We had quite the adventure not too long ago which ended in Dee getting stitches...

Our family joined the cousins for a night at The Irvine Spectrum shopping center for a concert involving another cousin. Dee was really enjoying the concert and the cousins were watching with him. I went window shopping a bit and was called back to the concert rather urgently. When I arrived I saw Dee sitting with his father on one of the stone walls with a rag pressed to his head. I was told that he and his 4 year old cousin were going to ride the ferris wheel when Dee didn't duck deep enough to get under the handrail leading to the ferris wheel. He ended up with a gash in his left eyebrow that was about 1 1/2 to 2 inches long and very deep. When I first arrived on the scene Jeff told me the cut was "not to bad. Just a little cut." Had I actually been looking at Jeff I would have noticed him "signalling" the exact opposite. He proceeded to remove the rag and my eyes about popped out of my head. The gash was not what I was expecting to see. Two of Irvine Spectrum security were there. One called 911 while the other examined the cut, disinfected it, and took down our information for the files. Soon two EMTs showed up and the proceedure started over again... examination, disinfection, and taking information. Then four local paramedics from the fire department showed up (in a fire truck no less) and the first thing out of one guys mouth was... "Yep, he's going to need stitches." To which Dee replied, "Damnit! I said no stitches." One of the other paramedics got down to Dee's level told him that stitches didn't hurt and he would know because he'd had them a number of times. We finally convinced Dee to go to the hospital where we spent 4 hours for 8 external stitches and 2 internal disolvable stitches. He got them out 6 days later with not problems.
Our trip to the hospital.
The cut. It was sagging open and you could see a bit of skull at the very center. He must have been running pretty fast to have hit the rail hard enough to do that much damage...
Two internal disolvable stitches and eight external stitches...

Six days later we took Dee to his regular doctor to remove the stitches...

The eight stitches that were removed... Dee received a clean bill of health. Now all he has is a red scar that is working toward healing. His hair currently covers it so you really don't see it. Can't say I want to go through that experience again any time soon.

Comments

What an experience! Did you ever get to ride the Ferris Wheel? Dee is still a handsome dude. luv, nana
Gokoko said…
No he didn't get to ride the Ferris Wheel. It was dismantled that next week. I agree, he is handsome.

Popular Posts